Need to hard reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3? This guide describes easiest ways to help you factory reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 device.
When to Hard Reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3?
There are multiple instances where you would need to hard reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 to erase all the user data and restore it to factory settings.
Last not but least, if your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 is behaving abnormally, like its battery is draining fast, or touch screen not working or any other software related issue, then it is recommended to factory reset it.
Are one of the above scenarios relatable to you and need to hard reset (master reset) your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3? Good news is that there are multiple methods to do so, but we have covered the easiest ones to help you hard reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 without getting into any trouble.
Without any further ado, let’s get started!
If you are performing hard reset on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 for speed improvement or some software issue resolution, make sure you have completely backup your Android device before proceeding.
Method # 01: Factory Reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 from Settings App
To reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 from device settings app, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Once “Settings” app is opened, scroll down until you see “System” option. Tap on it.
- Under “Settings -> System”, you need to tap on “Advanced” to access the reset option.
- Scroll down and just below Backup, you will see “Reset options”. Tap on it.
Method # 02: Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 using Recovery Mode
If the problems with your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 are not fixed with factory reset, then it is time to hard reset it. For hard reset, you need to boot your device to recovery mode, however worry not, it is not that difficult.
Booting Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 to Recovery Mode:
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 device.
- Now to boot it into recovery mode, press and hold “Power + Volume Down” keys simultaneously for 3 to 5 seconds until you see Xiaomi logo on screen.
The above key combination can vary depending on the Android version your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 is running on. Sometimes it can be “Power + Volume UP” keys.
When your device is in recovery mode, follow the steps below to hard reset it:
In recovery mode, you will have to navigate through volume up and down keys and selection is done through power key. Touch screen does not work in recovery mode.
- Navigate to “Wipe Data” option using volume Up/Down keys and select it using power button.
- Choose “Wipe All Data” in next screen.
- On next screen, confirm your selection by selecting “Confirm” with Power key. Wait for few seconds or minutes while your device is hard reset.
- Once hard reset is done, go back to main menu and select “Reboot” option.
- Select “Reboot to System” in next screen.
If everything goes well, your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 will be back to normal working condition just like a brand new device.
Method # 03: Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 Using Android Device Manager
Have you forgot your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 lock pattern or password and unable to unlock it? Well, then this method is for you! You can use Google Find My Device to remotely erase all the data on your Android device.
Note: You must have access to your Google Account linked with your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 in order to use this feature.
Here’s how to hard reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 remotely:
- On your PC or Mac, open Google Find My Device.
- Sign in to your Google Account linked with your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3.
- Click on “Erase Device” option and then select “Erase all data“.
- On next screen, click on “Erase” and it will remotely hard reset your Android device.
For this method to work, your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 must be connected to internet.
Method # 04: Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 using Android Multi Tools
If you want an easy one-click solution to hard-reset your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3, then Android Multi Tools method is right for you!
- Download Android Multi Tools – Latest Version [Includes the instructions to use Android Multi Tools to hard reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3]
Recovering Deleted Data on Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 after Hard or Factory Reset
As you have seen, there multiple methods to easily hard reset or factory reset Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 yourself without any expert help, but I would reiterate that it is very important to have your device data backed up beforehand, so if something goes wrong, your data is safe. But what if you for some reason you could not backup data before hard reset?
Well, in such scenario, data recovery softwares come to the rescue!
So, if you did not have your device data backup before factory/hard reset, you can always try your luck to recover deleted data (including photos, WhatsApp messages, WhatsApp media, photos, videos, contacts and documents) on Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 by using Android data recovery softwares.
Need Expert Support? Contact Us!
Facing issues while performing hard reset operation on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 to restore it to factory settings? We have got you covered.
Contact us today with your issue and we will get back to you ASAP!