Need to hard reset Oppo K9? This guide describes easiest ways to help you factory reset your Oppo K9 device.
When to Hard Reset your Oppo K9?
There are multiple instances where you would need to hard reset your Oppo K9 to erase all the user data and restore it to factory settings.
Most common scenario when you need to reset your device is when you are going to sale it. In that case, you should always hard reset it to not leave any trace of your personal data on the phone.
Secondly, just like computers, smartphones and tablets are prone to become slow with usage and passage of time, and by hard reset or restoring it to factory settings, your phone can be back to its original speed.
Last not but least, if your Oppo K9 is behaving abnormally, like its battery is draining fast, or touch screen not working or any other software related issue, then it is recommended to factory reset it.
Are one of the above scenarios relatable to you and need to hard reset (master reset) your Oppo K9? Good news is that there are multiple methods to do so, but we have covered the easiest ones to help you hard reset your Oppo K9 without getting into any trouble.
Without any further ado, let’s get started!
If you are performing hard reset on your Oppo K9 for speed improvement or some software issue resolution, make sure you have completely backup your Android device before proceeding.
Method # 01: Factory Reset Oppo K9 from Settings App
If you have access to your device settings app, then I recommend opting for this method as it is the fastest one.
To reset your Oppo K9 from device settings app, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Once “Settings” app is opened, scroll down until you see “System” option. Tap on it.
- Under “Settings -> System”, you need to tap on “Advanced” to access the reset option.
- Scroll down and just below Backup, you will see “Reset options”. Tap on it.
- Now, you will see “Erase all data (factory reset)” option. Tapping on it will once ask for again if you want to proceed with this option.
Please note that you will be asked for PIN, or pattern lock as a security measure before the hard reset of your device can be initiated.
The whole process can take up-to 3 to 5 minutes depending upon the data on your device. Once your device is hard reset, it will be restored to its factory settings and you would need to set it up again just like a new out of the box device.
Method # 02: Hard Reset Oppo K9
If the problem with your Oppo K9 are not fixed with factory reset, then it is time to hard reset it. For hard reset, you need to boot your device to recovery mode, however worry not, it is not that difficult.
Booting Oppo K9 to Recovery Mode:
- Turn off your Oppo K9 device.
- Now to boot it into recovery mode, press and hold “Power + Volume Down” keys simultaneously for 3 to 5 seconds until you see logo on screen.
The above key combination can vary depending on the Android version your Oppo K9 is running on. Sometimes it can be “Power + Volume UP” keys.
When your device is in recovery mode, follow the steps below to hard reset it:
In recovery mode, you will have to navigate through volume up and down keys and selection of language. Once in recovery mode, you might be able to use touch screen. However, if it does not work, you might have to use volume keys for navigation and Power key for selection.
- In first screen, select “English” as language by using the “Power” button.
- In next step, select “Wipe data and cache” option by tapping on it. You might have to select this option twice.
- Confirm your select in next confirmation screen by tapping on “Yes“.
- Once done, tap on “Reboot” option to reboot your device.
If everything goes well, your Oppo K9 will be back to normal working condition just like a brand new device.
Method # 03: Hard Reset Oppo K9 Using Android Device Manager
Have you forgot your Oppo K9 lock pattern or password and unable to unlock it? Well, then this method is for you! You can use Google Find My Device to remotely erase all the data on your Android device.
Note: You must have access to your Google Account linked with your Oppo K9 in order to use this feature.
Here’s how to hard reset Oppo K9 remotely:
- On your PC or Mac, open Google Find My Device.
- Sign in to your Google Account linked with your Oppo K9.
- Click on “Erase Device” option and then select “Erase all data“.
- On next screen, click on “Erase” and it will remotely hard reset your Android device.
For this method to work, your Oppo K9 must be connected to internet.
Need Expert Support? Contact Us!
Facing issues while performing hard reset operation on your Oppo K9 to restore it to factory settings? We have got you covered. Contact us today with your issue and we will get back to you ASAP!