Need to hard reset Coolpad Shine? This guide describes easiest ways to help you factory reset your Coolpad Shine device.
When to Hard Reset your Coolpad Shine?
There are multiple instances where you would need to hard reset your Coolpad Shine to erase all the user data and restore it to factory settings.
Most common scenario when you need to reset your device is when you are going to sale it. In that case, you should always hard reset it to not leave any trace of your personal data on the phone.
Secondly, just like computers, smartphones and tablets are prone to become slow with usage and passage of time, and by hard reset or restoring it to factory settings, your phone can be back to its original speed.
Last not but least, if your Coolpad Shine is behaving abnormally, like its battery is draining fast, or touch screen not working or any other software related issue, then it is recommended to factory reset it.
Are one of the above scenarios relatable to you and need to hard reset (master reset) your Coolpad Shine? Good news is that there are multiple methods to do so, but we have covered the easiest ones to help you hard reset your Coolpad Shine without getting into any trouble.
Without any further ado, let’s get started!
If you are performing hard reset on your Coolpad Shine for speed improvement or some software issue resolution, make sure you have completely backup your Android device before proceeding.
Method # 01: Factory Reset Coolpad Shine from Settings App
If you have access to your device settings app, then I recommend opting for this method as it is the fastest one.
To reset your Coolpad Shine from device settings app, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Once “Settings” app is opened, scroll down until you see “System” option. Tap on it.
- Under “Settings -> System”, you need to tap on “Advanced” to access the reset option.
- Scroll down and just below Backup, you will see “Reset options”. Tap on it.
- Now, you will see “Erase all data (factory reset)” option. Tapping on it will once ask for again if you want to proceed with this option.
Please note that you will be asked for PIN, or pattern lock as a security measure before the hard reset of your device can be initiated.
The whole process can take up-to 3 to 5 minutes depending upon the data on your device. Once your device is hard reset, it will be restored to its factory settings and you would need to set it up again just like a new out of the box device.
Method # 02: Hard Reset Coolpad Shine using Recovery Mode
If the problems with your Coolpad Shine are not fixed with factory reset, then it is time to hard reset it. For hard reset, you need to boot your device to recovery mode, however worry not, it is not that difficult.
Booting Coolpad Shine to Recovery Mode:
- Turn off your Coolpad Shine device.
- Now to boot it into recovery mode, press and hold “Power + Volume Down” keys simultaneously for 3 to 5 seconds until you see Coolpad logo on screen.
The above key combination can vary depending on the Android version your Coolpad Shine is running on. Sometimes it can be “Power + Volume UP” keys.
When your device is in recovery mode, follow the steps below to hard reset it:
In recovery mode, you will have to navigate through volume up and down keys and selection is done through power key. Touch screen does not work in recovery mode.
- Navigate to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option using volume Up/Down keys and select it using power button.
- On next screen, confirm your selection by selecting “Confirm” or “Yes” Option with Power key. Wait for few seconds or minutes while your device is hard reset.
- Once hard reset is done, go back to main menu and select “Reboot System Now” in next screen.
If everything goes well, your Coolpad Shine will be back to normal working condition just like a brand new device.
Method # 03: Hard Reset Coolpad Shine Using Android Device Manager
Have you forgot your Coolpad Shine lock pattern or password and unable to unlock it? Well, then this method is for you! You can use Google Find My Device to remotely erase all the data on your Android device.
Note: You must have access to your Google Account linked with your Coolpad Shine in order to use this feature.
Here’s how to hard reset Coolpad Shine remotely:
- On your PC or Mac, open Google Find My Device.
- Sign in to your Google Account linked with your Coolpad Shine.
- Click on “Erase Device” option and then select “Erase all data“.
- On next screen, click on “Erase” and it will remotely hard reset your Android device.
For this method to work, your Coolpad Shine must be connected to internet.
Method # 04: Hard Reset Coolpad Shine using Android Multi Tools
If you want an easy one-click solution to hard-reset your Coolpad Shine, then Android Multi Tools method is right for you!
- Download Android Multi Tools – Latest Version [Includes the instructions to use Android Multi Tools to hard reset Coolpad Shine]
Recovering Deleted Data on Coolpad Shine after Hard or Factory Reset
As you have seen, there multiple methods to easily hard reset or factory reset Coolpad Shine yourself without any expert help, but I would reiterate that it is very important to have your device data backed up beforehand, so if something goes wrong, your data is safe. But what if you for some reason you could not backup data before hard reset?
Well, in such scenario, data recovery softwares come to the rescue!
So, if you did not have your device data backup before factory/hard reset, you can always try your luck to recover deleted data (including photos, WhatsApp messages, WhatsApp media, photos, videos, contacts and documents) on Coolpad Shine by using Android data recovery softwares.
Need Expert Support? Contact Us!
Facing issues while performing hard reset operation on your Coolpad Shine to restore it to factory settings? We have got you covered.
Contact us today with your issue and we will get back to you ASAP!