This step by step guide will teach you how to completely backup all your data on your Android device before performing hard reset operation.
There are many methods to backup your Android device data, be it phone or tablet. However, we will be covering the most popular and effective ones. So let’s get started!
Method # 01: Backup Using Android File Transfer
I like this method because this allow you to backup your Android device data to your PC or Mac, which is very safe.
- Download Android File Transfer application for your PC or Mac.
- Connect your Android device to your computer.
- If your are on PC, open “My Computer” and then phone storage and if you are on Mac, open “Android File Transfer” application.
- Now drag and drop the files you want to backup to your computer and that’s it.
Method # 02: Backup Photos using Google Photos
If you only want to backup the photos on your Android device then the best option is to use Google Photos.
If you are using Google Photos, then good news is that this service automatically backs up every photo or video that you take with your Android device to cloud. Amazing, isn’t it?
If you do not have Googles Photos app installed, then follow these steps:
- Download Google Photos app.
- Open the app and go to “Settings”.
- There, tap on “Back & sync” and turn it on.
That’s it! Now all your photos and videos will be automatically backed up to Google cloud.
Method # 03: Backup Using Google Drive
If you want to backup your Android phone or tablet settings and all the installed apps data, then you must use Google backup option as it backs up all the data. Secondly, you can easily restore your phone using Google backup solution.
To backup using Google backup, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings” app and go to “Google”.
- Go to “Backup” option.
- Now there, toggle the switch for “Back up to Google Drive” to turn it on.
Please note that you would need to connect your Google account with your device in order to use Google own backup feature.
Recovery Deleted Data on Android Devices
If for some reasons, you were unable to backup data on your Android device and you proceeded with factory or hard reset, then worry not. You still have got a chance to retrieve or recovery your lost data, courtesy of Android data recovery softwares.
While we cannot guarantee that you would be able to get all your data with these softwares, but chances of getting it very high, so it is always recommended to give them a try!
Need Expert Support? Contact Us!
Facing issues while backing up your Android phone or tablet? We have got you covered. Contact us today with details of the problem you are facing and we will get back to you ASAP!